Monday 7 November 2011

Harold goes to school

Well, today was a very special day indeed. Steve visited Westfield school in Haverhill to tell all the children about everybody's favourite platypus. In case you're still wondering who that is, it's me of course! Harold. Steve read one of my best adventures, 'Harold on Safari'. There are lots of animals in this book and everyone liked the cheeky monkey best. For those of you who haven't read this book yet, the monkey is very cheeky indeed and he even runs away with my camera!
The children asked lots and lots of interesting questions. I hope Steve answered them all and told everyone how great it is to live with a platypus. Some of the children had some excellent ideas for new adventure stories. I particularly like the ideas about a bonfire adventure and an adventure playing football (though I would of course have to play for Liverpool and not West Ham!). I think Steve also told the children about one of my new adventures, 'Harold the Pirate' and there were some really good ideas for the name of the dog in the story. I think we will use one of these names in the book!
While Steve was at school, Charlie and me were busy getting ready for our pirate adventure (did Steve tell anyone that Mandy has to walk the plank? If you see Mandy don't tell her because I don't think she will be very pleased!) Maybe next time I should go along to school with Steve. Maybe Charlie could come along as well?
I must go now and have a glass of milk and a cheese and pickle sandwich before bedtime. Speak to you all soon. Love Harold xx

No comments:

Post a Comment