Saturday 8 September 2012

Alpacas

Do you know what an alpaca is? They are lovely animals with big brown eyes. In some places you can take them for a walk, just like a dog - which is very exciting, although they are a bit big for me and Charlie to handle on our own. A couple of weeks ago we went to the beach and there is a lovely man there with six alpacas which you can take out for a walk, ours was called Macchu, he was very cool - just like me! (I remembered when we were in darkest Peru seeing Paddington Bears' auntie that there was a special place called Macchu Picchu, he must have been named after that!) 
Well, Mandy said that there coats can be used to make wool, just like sheep. Me and Charlie thought she was joking but today we were at a farmers market and there was a stall selling alpaca socks! Mandy was right after all. The lady on the stall explained that they get the wool from the alpacas on their farm and use it to knit lovely warm things. Well you all know that I am from Australia and that I don't like the cold, so I think I might have to ask Mandy very nicely to buy me some lovely warm socks for the winter to stop my flippers getting cold. The lady said she would knit some specially. She might even do the same for you if you ask her super nicely:
www.butlersfarmalpacas.co.uk

See you later....
H
X

No comments:

Post a Comment