Monday 31 January 2011

A little bit about the platypus

I wanted to tell you a little bit about platypusses or is it platypi? not sure!
Some people think I look a bit weird - I like to think of myself as funky. If you look at a picture of a platypus you will see that they have taken the best bits of:

  • a duck - I've got a ducks bill
  • a beaver - I've got a beavers tail, very useful for super fast swimming. Poor Charlie hasn't got a tail maybe that's why he can't swim as fast as me
  • an otter - I've got an otter shaped body and fur - waterproof, which is great for keeping me warm while I am getting in and out of the water 
to create a gorgeous platypus!
I used to live in Australia but I emigrated some years ago. Although I have been back to visit once and hope to go back again very soon (I hope Steve and Mandy are reading this - could be our next adventure)!

If you want to learn a bit more about us lovely creatures I've put in a link to make it easy peasy lemon squeezy for you!

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/platypus.html

See ya later

Harold

2 comments:

  1. Hi Harold, I am talking about some of your adventures in a piece of homework and was wondering whether you can persuade Steve to answer some questions as it's about writing?

    BFN Joeseph Deacon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ever so much for the gift, it was a lovely gesture!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete