Tuesday 5 July 2011

Getting Christmas twice!

Mandy has been in China. Me and Charlie wanted to call her with our new phone but Steve said "no - it will be the middle of the night there, she'll be in bed". Now we know Mandy likes to have a nap now and again but it was 4 o'clock in the afternoon! We asked Steve to explain because it just didn't seem right. How could it be the middle of the night at 4 o'clock?
Steve explained about the time changes in other countries - it still sounds weird and a bit complicated for me. I just started getting the hang of it when I realised that's how it works on Christmas eve, otherwise there wouldn't have been enough time for me and Charlie to deliver all of the presents the year when Santa ate too many lovely mince pies and we saved Christmas!
Brainwave!
If me and Charlie went to Australia (that's where I'm from you know) on Christmas eve we could have Christmas there first, then we could dash back to Cambridge and have Christmas again - or more importantly presents all over again. How cool is that?
I'll have to run this by Mandy but I've got a good feeling in my beak!
Good night platy lovers
H
X

No comments:

Post a Comment