Sunday 2 October 2011

Two Charlies!

We've got a canoe! Whooppeeeeeeee, it's great! Especially as Steve does all the paddling.
I'm too busy standing on the front navigating! 'Captain on the bridge' everyone shouts.
We were out today paddling up and down the little creeks in the salt marsh.
I have the very important job of deciding which way to go (although I think Steve can't always hear me when I'm shouting GO LEFT, as sometimes he goes right). I've even tried waving my paw in the air (he mustn't be ably to paddle and watch or listen at the same time - poor Steve!)
It's very important not to go too shallow as Steve says the canoe might get stuck!
So I've got a system ........ If it's less than two Charlies deep we have to turn around.
Steve says a Charlie isn't a proper way of measuring but what I think is - we all know how tall Charlie is and he isn't very tall so, two Charlies fits the bill. We can go quite shallow and everyone can picture how deep it is. Well as long as Charlie doesn't start standing on his tippy toes to make himself look taller, like he did today. That just ruins the system - naughty Charlie!
I did start to laugh thinking of one hundred Charlies stood on top of each other - yes that's right it was sooooper doooooper deep - told you it was a good system!
Off for a cheese and pickle sandwich and a glass of milk all that paddling has made me very hungry!
Harold
x

No comments:

Post a Comment