Sunday 1 April 2012

Seals!!!

It's been so exciting this weekend! As I told you in my last blog me and Charlie were going to the beach this weekend.
We managed to get our beach hut all set up with our favourite drinks and sweets and we were just settling down to a nice cheese and pickle sandwich, when Charlie noticed something moving in the water.
Last year Charlie got binoculars for his birthday and he's always looking through them! He's always imagining that he has seen all sorts of exciting things like the loch ness monster..... So as usual I ignored him and went off for my first swim of the year.
I was just doing a bit of back stroke when I felt something swim past me. Suddenly there was something that looked a bit like a dog right next to me. I have to tell you, it gave me a bit of a fright. So Charlie had seen something in the water.
"Hello, there" said the doggy thing, "what on earth are you, I've never seen anything like you before!"
"I'm a platypus of course! My name is Harold. Are you a dog? You're a very good swimmer. Almost as good as me!"
"I'm a seal, my name is Hector, and I bet I'm a better swimmer than you!".
We raced up and down the channel. I won every time, well nearly every time, well once!
Gosh I'm ready for a big ice cream now, followed by a cheese and pickle sandwich, of course!
Laters
H
X

No comments:

Post a Comment