Monday 4 June 2012

Even more excitement at the Jubilee celebrations!

There has been so much excitement over the Jubilee weekend I haven't had time to tell you all about brave, brave Charlie. There was a teddy bear parachute jump from our local church bell tower yesterday. I didn't think that Charlie would be brave enough to take part and that he would hide until it was all over. Everyone started to collect at the bottom of the tower to watch all of the brave teddies from the village. Just then Mandy said, "is that Charlie?". It was! "He's using a Marks and Spencer carrier bag as a parachute and he has got his smart orange swimming arm bands on (those of you that have read Harold and the mermaid will know how much Charlie loves his arm bands)!" Mandy covered her eyes and said she couldn't watch. "Jump, Charlie, jump, don't be scared", I shouted. Charlie did exactly that, he waved as he gently floated to the ground. The Marks and Spencer carrier bag did it's job very well! Much to everyone's surprise. Charlie was so brave I couldn't believe it, we were all so proud of him. He joined all of the other brave teddies to collect their medals. Charlie proudly showed everyone his medal. It wasn't as big and shiny as the gold medal I won at World Sports Day (Harold wins gold, you may have heard of it!), but it was still very nice. Well I need to go now as we are going to see the Jubilee beacon being lit! We've both had a nap this afternoon so that we won't be too tired being up so late. I'm too excited to be tired. I wonder whether they will let me light the beacon........ Laters H X

No comments:

Post a Comment